Sustainable Building Design:
PRISM CONSULTING ENGINEERS conduct comprehensive study of a building or facility that focuses on energy consumption, utility bills and life cycle costs of various energy-related items such as air conditioning, lighting system, Sub-Station equipment and hot water system.
Prism ensures implementation of sustainable design module, evaluate the payback of green energy solutions like solar panels and photovoltaics.
Benefits of Sustainable Building Design:
- Simplifies the design process and assists the design team in viewing the life cycle impacts of design changes while comparing various design schemes. This provides valuable data to reach energy saving goals for the building before commencement of construction.
- Gain a better understanding of a building’s energy performance to gauge which design or retrofit solutions are cost effective and also provide the best energy conservation options for the facility.
- Predict energy consumption in advance to implement strategies for energy saving cost such as energy storage or increasing levels of insulation.
- Provide energy savings quantification allowing for multiple design changes that exceeds minimum energy codes resulting in building optimization.
- Allow for precise HVAC equipment, Lighting sizing and selection, greatly reducing initial cost, operations and maintenance costs, and replacement costs.